The Deep Calm is an embodied way of being you experience as a result of regularly and skillfully working with your breath, calming your nervous system, gaining ease and spaciousness in your body and mind through mindful movement and meditation. Practices for experiencing The Deep Calm are shared at Touching Earth, a mindfulness learning center, in Evanston. If you can breathe, you can meditate. Our teaching approach is nonsectarian, nondenominational, and free of dogma. No prior yoga or meditation experience is necessary.
Yoga and meditation have been proven to:
- Relieve stress and reduce the production of harmful stress hormones, including cortisol
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate
- Improve mental clarity and memory
- Generate ease in the body and mind
- Minimize the perception of chronic pain
- Strengthen neuronal pathways in the brain that cultivate empathy, compassion and joy